Welcome!

I decided that it would be easiest to start a blog about my training for Mount Rainier and other Seattle adventures - though these adventures have continued on to North Carolina recently!

Most recently are photos from cooking some fabulous gluten-free food and my brother's work with Habitat for Humanity at the University of Maine!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Dancing in the Kitchen with Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef

I had the pleasure of cooking up some of the fabulous dishes from the new cookbook “Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef: A Love Story with 100 Tempting Recipes” – how lucky was I! All the recipes that I had the opportunity to make were delicious, fabulous, and enjoyed by all.

The appetizer was seared shrimp with garlic-almond sauce, such wonderful flavors!





The main dish, pasta with anchovies, lemon, and olives brought a Mediterranean feel to the kitchen. What an exciting dish!





I have to be honest and say that dessert was my favorite, but I have a weakness for sweets. These fabulous chocolate peanut butter brownies were complete with some vanilla ice cream and hot fudge – the whole pan disappeared!





I can’t wait to check out the rest of the recipes in “Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef: A Love Story with 100 Tempting Recipes” – what a fabulous gift to the gluten-free community from Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef!! Gluten-free food is delicious and making it is such a rewarding experience!
Here is a link to the book on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Gluten-Free-Girl-Shauna-James-Ahern/dp/0470419717

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How lovely to see this! I'm thrilled that you loved the recipes. And I'll take some of the brownies made your way!