Welcome!

I decided that it would be easiest to start a blog about my training for Mount Rainier and other Seattle adventures - though these adventures have continued on to North Carolina recently!

Most recently are photos from cooking some fabulous gluten-free food and my brother's work with Habitat for Humanity at the University of Maine!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Prayer Flags




Please email me the names of people you would like me to climb in honor or memory of. I will write their names on the prayer flags tha we will carry with us to the summit.




Note on Prayer Flags: You are receiving very special prayer flags this year. Please write the names of your loved ones on them and take them to your summits. They were brought back from Nepal by Committee Chair Karen Kilian--here is what she says, "The prayer flags were blessed by the Lama Geshe in Pangboche. He was told what the flags were for by our Sirdar, Ang Temba. He said prayers, blessed the flags, tossed blessed rice over them. I've attached a photo of him and Ang Temba which I took when we visited him. As you can see from the photos in the background, he blesses a lot of climbers!"

No comments: